Total Immersion basically means what it says:
- You are placed into learning environment in which only the object language is spoken.
- Sink or swim!
- Pure Stress!
It is basically an intensified version of what people go through if they were to move to a country where no one speaks their language. If you want to communicate, you have to learn the language!
Total Immersion courses are typically NOT inexpensive – at least the good ones are not. We are speaking about a minimum of 1,000 USD or Euros. This should not be surprising or considered to be “too expensive”:
- The trainers also put in a hard day’s work, and…
- If the results are as promised, your communication skills will be well worth the cost.
Total immersion works for many. It can work for you as long as:
- … you are determined to make it work, and
- … you can stand the stress.
You can make great progress, if you can deal with it.
If you can’t, you have probably wasted a good deal of money.